Unoccupied property insurance keeps your asset protected where your standard buildings insurance does not.
As a property owner there can be many reasons why your property has become unoccupied – you may be renovating it, rebuilding it, trying to sell the property after a relative’s death, selling the property following other personal changes in your circumstances, or you may be a landlord waiting for your next tenant to move in.
Whatever your position, if your property is unoccupied for typically 30-45 consecutive days or more, then any existing buildings insurance policy may become restricted in terms of the protection offered – or it could even lapse, leaving you financially vulnerable if something happens to your property.
Some examples of the policy benefits of our unoccupied property insurance include:
- quotes from £82.13 for 12 months cover
- 3 month and 6 month policies available and 3 levels of cover – so you can choose the policy that most suits your needs and your budget
- cover against fire, flood, storm, subsidence and theft
- property owners liability insurance up to £5,000,000
- contents insurance if required
- subsidence, ground heave or landslip (unless specifically excluded at quotation stage)
- flexible policy terms (for example, if renovation works are taking longer than expected, typically the policy term can be extended).
Cover4LetProperty offers online quotations for your unoccupied property with insurance companies with whom we have arranged exclusive schemes – meaning you typically can access deals not always available on the High Street.
In addition, we have made sure that our policy cover offers you a range of benefits depending upon the level of protection you are looking for.
Cover4LetProperty have been helping customers since 1946, providing cost-effective, comprehensive protection. To see how we can help you, please browse our site, or give us a call on 0800 9707 172. We will be very happy to help.